How important is company reputation?
You should never judge a book by its cover.
Whilst that may be true, your company reputation is really important. It affects your recruitment process, your ability to do business with customers and suppliers as well as your overall brand perception.
Below, we have highlighted some key statistics regarding company reputation:
FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Google Reviews are important. Users search 4.08 million times per minute (https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/companys-online-reputation-important/). What they find when they search your company name can affect your conversion to sales. Making sure that the brand they search reflects positively is vital.
- 74% of people say reviews increase trust (https://blog.reputationx.com/why-is-reputation-important)
- 92% of consumers read online reviews to learn about a business (https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/companys-online-reputation-important/)
- 93% of people say online reviews impact their buying decision (http://learn.podium.com/rs/841-BRM-380/images/2017-SOOR-Infographic.jpg)
- 60% of consumers say negative reviews turned them away (https://statuslabs.com/reputation-management-stats-2018/)
FOR YOUR RECRUITMENT EFFORTS
- 84% of job seekers would leave their current company for another with “excellent reviews” (https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/companys-online-reputation-important/)
- 69% of US job seekers are likely to reject a job offer from a company with a negative reputation (https://www2.staffingindustry.com/site/Editorial/Daily-News/Bad-reputation-69-would-refuse-job-offer-27495)
- 11% of job seekers said they’d decline an offer from a company with a bad reputation even if they were unemployed (https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/companys-online-reputation-important/)
FOR YOUR BRAND
- 90% of people form their impression based on the first page of Google (https://www.protofuse.com/blog/details/first-page-of-google-by-the-numbers/)
- Reviews are the second most powerful ranking factor for Google’s local pack (https://statuslabs.com/reputation-management-stats-2018/)
Brand reputation is a vital tool for recruiting new talent and reaching new customers; the above statistics highlight that. What are your key tips for creating a positive company reputation? Let us know at [email protected]