1. Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on Your computer or device by or through Our Site when You visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when You use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Personal Data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. That includes personal data that You provide to Us via Our Site, in the course of dealing with Us in relation to the provision of Our services to You, or in any other manner. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means JPS Selection Ltd (company number 06607296) whose registered office is situated at 40 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 1ER, United Kingdom;|
|“You/Your”||means any user or visitor to Our Site and any client, candidate or other party who provides us with data in the course of Us dealing with that party.|
2. Our Site and other information
- Our Site is owned and operated by JPS Selection Ltd.
3. Your rights
- As a data subject, You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data;
- Right of access to the Personal Data We hold about You;
- Right to rectification if any Personal Data We hold about You is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to “be forgotten” – meaning the right to ask Us to delete any Personal Data We hold about You;
- Right to restrict, or prevent, the processing of Your Personal Data;
- Right to data portability (obtaining a copy of Your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- Right to object to Us using Your Personal Data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- In addition to Your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 3.1, You may be given further options to restrict Our use of Your data in certain circumstances. In particular, You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from Us which You may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of Your Personal Data held by Us. We will respond to Your request without raising a charge. Please contact Us using the details provided in section 8.
- If You have any cause for complaint about Our use of Your Personal Data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 8 and We will do Our best to resolve Your concerns. If We are unable to help, You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can provide further information about Your rights.
4. Types of data we collect
- Depending upon Your use of Our Site or the way in which We deal with You, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data and You consent to us doing so:
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP addresses and other cookie identifiers;
- Information relating to Your activity on Our Site;
- Content of messages;
- Audio recordings of phone conversations, taken primarily for training and monitoring;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- Previous employment history, education history and qualifications, skills;
- Data concerning the services which We may provide to You or on Your behalf.
5. Using Your data
- All Personal Data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard Your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of Your Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with You, because You have consented to Our use of Your Personal Data, or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use and You consent to Us using Your data for the following purposes (though this is not an exhaustive list):
- Providing and managing Your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring Your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to You or on Your behalf;
- Responding to your enquiries and action requests;
- Identifying potential opportunities on Your behalf, potentially suitable candidates to fill vacancies which you may have available, both of which may include sharing and disclosing Personal Data of candidates to clients and vice versa;
- Preparing statistical information;
- Communicating online, through social media, by post, email or telephone or by any other means, with You;
- Providing You with information and other material, which may include marketing material, relevant to Our services, by post, email or other means (provided that You may unsubscribe or opt-out from marketing communications at any time, and where practicable, we will include a link to facilitate that);
- Communicating with You periodically in the future, to update Our records and to enquire about Your job situation or requirements;
- Analysing Your use of Our Site to enable Us to improve Our Site and Your user experience.
- We may also use Your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting You by email, telephone, social media and/or post with information about Our business and Our services. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect Your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third parties whose content may appear on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the data which may be collected and used by any such third parties and We advise You to check the privacy policies which may apply to them.
- You have the right to withdraw Your consent to Us using Your Personal Data at any time, and to request that We delete it. That may affect Our ability to continue to provide services to You.
- We do not keep Your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Names, contact details and data relevant to future suitable vacancies will be retained indefinitely for marketing and monitoring purposes and to allow us to contact You periodically (unless You ask us to delete such data);
- Other data collected or accessed in the course of providing services to You or on Your behalf, whether or not under a contract, will typically be retained for at least 12 months following the conclusion of the last of that contract or project and of any other dealings or communications with You, for which such data may be relevant or useful;
The retention periods in this section are a guide and We reserve the right to assess the appropriate period for retention on an individual basis, provided that We will always comply with our legal obligations.
6. Data storage and sharing
- We only keep Your Personal Data for as long as We need to do so, in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have Your permission to keep it.
- Electronic data may be stored on secure third party servers which may be based overseas and outside the EEA, and accordingly Your data may be processed on and transferred to and from such servers.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect Your data We have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site and otherwise. For example, where We hold electronic data, We store Your Personal Data on secure servers. Whilst We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard Your Personal Data, You acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of Personal Data that is transferred from You or to You via the internet.
- To the extent necessary for Us to provide any services to You or on Your behalf, or in connection with any contract or order we may enter into with You, We may share Your Personal Data with group companies and/or certain carefully chosen third parties with whom we engage from time to time for such purposes alone. For example, these may include access to and provision of third party software, data storage and backup facilities, payment processing and marketing. In some cases, such third parties may require access to some or all of Your data.
- We may also share Your Personal Data with our third party IT contractors, for the purpose of them managing and improving our IT systems and Our Site.
- Where We share Your Personal Data with such third parties, We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with Your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- Subject to the remainder of section 6, We will not share any of Your data with any other third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include Your Personal Data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental or regulatory authority.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify You. We may from time to time share such data with third parties.
8. Contacting Us